Site Last Updated: 15th Jul. 2005
Final Schedule posted.
- Interoperability between robotic telescope networks
- Interoperability with the Virtual Observatory for event notification
- Establishment of an e-market for the exchange of telescope time
The aim of the workshop is to make real progress towards standards for interoperability between the existing proprietary robotic, and non-robotic, telescope networks. Additionally to define standards for interoperability with the emerging Virtual Observatory (VO) infrastructre for event notification. As such the number of people attending will be intentionally kept small, and total numbers will be limited to around 30 people.
There is no charge for conference registration or attendance, and lunch and refreshments will be provided free of charge throughout the conference.
Topics for Discussion
Topics currently scheduled for discussion include:
- Quantifying availability in a telescope neutral manner
- Dynamically scheduling observations between telescopes
- A standard "minimum" interface for a networked telescope
- Brokering the exchange of telescope time via a e-market
- Brokering of event alerts to and from the Virtual Observatory
- How adaptive dataset planning may affect sheduling
Additionally it might be interesting to discuss:
- The differences between telescope and database interfaces
- Agent architectures and machine learning for observing
Each delegate representing an interested project or group should expect to present a talk describing the status of their project. These talks will be followed by architectural discussions, and breakout sessions.