New REDUCED rate for the conference hotel of £98 per night
The LOC has arranged a conference discounted rate of £98 per night with the Southgate Hotel for the duration of the conference. When you register for the workshop we ask that you indicate whether you will be staying at the conference hotel. However, we will not make a hotel reservation for you. Please contact the hotel directly before the 20th June (quoting "HTN Workshop") to reserve a room at the conference rate.
If you do not wish to stay at the conference hotel, for whatever reason, there are many other excellent places to stay in Exeter to suit a range of budgets. However when trying to book alternative accomodation you should be aware that July is peak tourist season here in the South West.
A short list of some of the local hotels is given below. If you have any difficulty arranging accomodation please contact the LOC and we will try to assist you.
- Thistle Exeter
- Queen Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3SP
- The Royal Clarence Hotel
- Cathedral Yard, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1HD
Note: Features the award winning Michael Caines Restaurant
- Buckerell Lodge Hotel
- Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 4SQ
- Express by Holiday Inn
- Exeter (M5 JCT. 29), Guardian Way, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3PE
Note: Regular bus services connects the business park to the city centre (PR2/M2 & B), and to Exeter St. Davids (H1) railway station.
- City Gate Hotel
- Lower North Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3RB
- Hotel Barcelona
- Magdalen Street, Exeter, Devon, EX2 4HY
Note: Just down the road, and within easy walking distance, of the conference hotel.
- Queens Court Hotel
- Bystock Terrace, Exeter, Devon, EX4 4HY
- St. Olaves Hotel
- Mary Arches Street, Exeter, EX4 3AZ
Refreshments throughout the day, and lunch, will be provided without charge. For the evening meal there are many excellent places to eat and drink around Exeter, and short list of our favourites is provided below. A more extensive list be distributed when you arrive as part of the conference pack.
- Thai Orchid Restaurant
- Three Gables, 5 Cathedral Yard, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1HJ
Note: A special favourite of the LOC, really excellent Thai food
- Red Square Restaurant
- Rougemont House, Castle Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3PU
- Michael Caines
- Royal Clarence Hotel, Cathedral Yard, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1HD
- Pizza Express
- 2 Broadgate, Cathedral Yard, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1HF
- Carved Angel Cafe
- 21a Cathedral Yard, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1HB
- The Mill on the Exe
- Bonhay Road, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3AB
- The Double Locks
- Canal Banks, Exeter, Devon, EX2 6LT
Note: The Double Locks is a pleasant 2.5 mile walk from Exeter Quayside, or you can hire a canoe and paddle along the Exeter Ship Canal to reach it (around £7 per person, including the taxi ride back to Exeter Quay).
- Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
- 50 Queen Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3SR
The Southgate Hotel